Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fifteen Days Later: Things I've Discovered

Get Paid to Sit and Teach in Fancy Apartments Off Of Fabulous Avenida Paulista. For two clients, all I have to do is sit and have a casual conversation. 



I only have three friends.....Brito, Tiemi, and Mayumi, all who have introduced me to a few of their friends.  


Modern Family is aired here! 


Adjusted Sleeping Schedule... very adjusted sleeping schedule; knocked out by midnight, awake by 7am. 


Melão suco c/ leite: melon juice with milk. It's no Haagen Dazs but it is only $2.50 and probably 1/2305082308 of the calories. Acai smoothies are notorious here and are suppose to be nothing like American ones. I must try soon. 


I like to call this self-creation the poor man's chow mein noodles. Costs me about 75 cents to make. It's basically steamed noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil, hoison sauce, and pretending it tastes as good as real food. No Vietnamese restaurant with pho exists in Sao Paulo, so this will have to suffice in the meantime. ='(


Hair Mousse DOES exist in Sao Paulo, granted it is 3x as expensive for a generic brand . $15 for good hair, no thanks. I'm going to make my mom include it in my care package. 


LIFE EXISTS PAST 8PM. I don't have to be confined in my room when it gets dark! 


I FOUND SRIRACHA. And a huge ass block of marshmellow w/ coconut flakes.  

Some of my favorite people are visiting me in Sao Paulo in a few months. LIFE IS SWEET. 



No comments:

Post a Comment