Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weeks 3 - 5 | Feb 12 - 26

Ugh I guess so everything is going to be chronically backwards. Blogspot is formatting all the most recent photos first, rather than starting with the oldest first. whatevs.

Pastels | oh  my god, it's like, godzilla fried wontons. I've tried them in five flavors so far: carne asada, carne asada w/ cheese, ham, corn, and... "palmito" (whatever that is called in English). I like to eat two in one sitting. I love high cholesterol and carbs.

Feira Market | Everything in Brazil is expensive as fuck. Clothes, perfumes, Head & Shoulders shampoos. But vegetables, fruits, and meat here are so incredibly cheap. 

Acai!



Brito's | Hahahaha I was like, wtf is that over there...... and then Brito rushed to explain it wasn't what I thought. I wasn't judgin', dunno what his gf Larissa would say though ;D

Brito's first jello shot! 

Making America proud with its #1 college creation. So classy, I indulge in the finer things in life, I know.

First bite and I think he's already drunk from it. 

I think that means he likes it? 

Clean? 

Clean!!!! Not that I smelled it or anything. 

The Container | On Saturday, Tiemi & Mayumi & Co, Brito and I went to this really cool nightclub where they played my favooooorite kind of music. So much dubstep and electro remixes. Sooo many hot bros, deadbeats, hipsters, little boys, flannel shirts, hats, and Vans. I wuv, I wuv. Free tequila shots for girls. Then I puked the next morning. I don't wuv no mo. 


Augusta | I love all things on Rua Augusta. Everyone drinks, everyone plays music, everyone is cool and chill, everyone is beautiful and ugly, everyone is anyone, everyone.


Erick | My little Dona Erick Sailor Moon. What a manly man. 

"Tango" | This is normal.

"Tango" | We make everyone fall in love with us. 
"Tango" | Let's tango.

Erick & Rafi | My little family.

Jello Shots | Putting a little American inside of him. 

Jello Shots | His first time!


Dinner | I made food for my host parents and Erick&Rafi. Taiwanese sausage fried rice. Cuz I am so Taiwanese. 
Rafael's Apartment | so gay, I love it. I'll never get lost.

Rafael's Apartment | Best view ever. Good memories, late night breeze, "most romantic clock ever", gay tower, and Erick's cigarette breaks. 


Hamburger Series | Yay!! I should add it to my collection.



Yakisoba | Real Japanese yakisoba is nothing like this!! 

Paulista | I love walking down Avenida Paulista because there are always people selling their  crafts. 


Paulista | Only $25! I love fringes. 

Acai | My first time getting real Brazilian acai.  
Acai | One time I ate acai three times in one day. 

Acai | How do you say no to something like this? 

Koba - Host Father | He's the husband of my supervisor and the first person who welcomed me to Sao Paulo and their home. He is like a father I never had. My own father is a caring man and has given me a very comfortable, happy life, but Koba is like a different kind of father figure. 

A fig! I never had a fresh one before.  I thought they were only in gross Fig Newtons. 

Sonique | Whitney Houston Tribute night! So great, it was obvious who was gay and who wasn't: song with female vocals + flailing diva dancing arms. 


Sonique | <3


Sushi dinner with Brito

No sushi rice, just cooked fish with shrimp and crab wrapped with seafood. Deep fried. deep fried. deep fried, mmm.

Bella Paulista | You eat these? I love eating fake helmets.

Bella Paulista | Heaven exists, I have been there and back.

Bella Paulista | OKAY!

Bella Paulista | Reminds me of little cotton balls, mmm sweet cotton balls. 

Bella Paulista | I li turtles.

Bella Paulista | It's like, the worst nightmare for a health-conscious person. Good thing that's not me. 

Bella Paulista | Brito & his frou frou coffee drink vs. my manly, rugged badass beer. Just kidding, it was like 5% alcohol.
MASP | View of the Museum of Art; my favorite hang out place. 

Behind MASP | A city of many contradictions.



COXINHA | asdfkljalkjsdfkasfd S-O___G-O-O-O-O-O-D.






No comments:

Post a Comment